Thursday 2 April 2015

Beer #401 - Būsi Trečias Juodas

Following on from my two previous posts featuring a couple of mass-produced Lithuanian beers, my next couple of posts jump to the opposite end of the spectrum. Vilnius, the Lithuanian capital, has a number of brewpubs with beer produced on site. The first I went too was Būsi Trečias on Totorių street. The pub is a pretty dimly lit, rustic affair but is comfortable and cosy. It offers three unfiltered, unpasteurised beers that are brewed on the premises; a lager, a dark lager and a porter. I wanted to try the porter (I was in the Baltics, after all) but unfortunately it was off so I settled for the 'Juodas' - the dark lager. I quite like a dark lager and this one was decent, some nice roasty, coffee flavour from the malt and a decent dose of sweetness. Not a world-beater but quite drinkable.


Brewery: Būsi Trečias
Country: Lithuania
ABV: 6.5%


No comments:

Post a Comment