Wednesday 19 November 2014

Beer #349 - Saltaire Triple Chocoholic

I've been pretty busy lately hence the lack of posts; fortunately I haven't been drinking too many new beers so I don't have too much of a backlog to catch up on, but its been eating away at me regardless. I had this Triple Chocoholic from Saltaire a couple of weeks ago so its high time I got my thoughts down on...er...paper. I bought this bottle in the summer but until recently it hasn't felt appropriate to drink it and its been stored away in my beer cupboard alongside quite an impressive array of stouts and porters, most of which will probably crop up on here over the coming months. Its very definitely dark beer season. Anyway I'd heard this was a good one and I like what Saltaire do. My benchmark for chocolate beers is Sam Smith's Chocolate Stout which is the closest thing to a chocolate milkshake I've ever had in a beer. This one is another absolute cracker, it pours as a stout should, dark with with a lovely tan head. On the nose it's very chocolatey indeed with perhaps a hint of sweet vanilla. It's probably not as robust in body as I'd hoped but it does have a lovely chocolate flavour met with a decent dose of bitterness and a clean dry finish.

Brewery: Saltaire Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.8%

No comments:

Post a Comment