Saturday 25 October 2014

Beer #337 - Tiny Rebel / Beavertown Tiny Beaver

Another beer from my visit to the tap house at Beavertown Brewery, this one a collaboration with super south Wales brewery Tiny Rebel. This is described as a US saison, which I therefore (correctly) assumed to be a saison brewed with US hops. Beavertown have got form for this - their Quelle Saison is also heavily hopped and I'm not really sure how I feel about either beer. Certainly Tiny Beaver was tasty with bitter grapefruit hop flavours dominating, but those hop flavours, to me at least, overpower the distintive bready and spicy characteristics of a traditional saison. I'm not saying that this is a bad beer, because it isn't, it's a very good beer. In fact I'm not really sure what I'm trying to say, other than that the current trend for mixing up beer styles often confounds me.


Brewery: Tiny Rebel Brewing Co / Beavertown Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.3%

No comments:

Post a Comment