Friday 12 September 2014

Beer #319 - St Peters Ruby Red Ale

Last Friday I spent the evening in one of my favourite drinking establishments, the Jerusalem Tavern near Farringdon. I’ve posted about how great I think this pub is before but for those that don’t know, it is owned by St Peter’s, a Suffolk brewery, and typically stocks about 15 of their beers in a cracking environment. It was the sort of night that disappears in a haze of copious amounts of beer and decent (for the most part) conversation. Anyway for most of the evening I drank the excellent Best Bitter but for a brief period it was off while the cask was changed, which meant a switch to the Ruby Red Ale. I rarely enjoy beers that are ‘ruby’ or ‘red’ or anything similar but this one was an absolute cracker. The aroma is promising with a smell of toffee and dark fruit. It’s full in body and rich and the flavours from the malt are superb; caramel and chocolate yet not too sweet and a bit of bitterness. This is a very robust beer with some wonderful flavours, a real winner.

Brewery: St Peter's Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.3%

No comments:

Post a Comment