Saturday 12 July 2014

Beer #273 - Saltaire / Dark Star Le IPA

This is the second collaboration between Saltaire (one of my new favourite breweries) and Dark Star (one of my old favourite breweries). I didn't get a chance to try the previous collab, a Bock that came out earlier this year, but I knew I couldn't miss this one and picked a bottle up at the House of Trembling Madness in York last weekend. This is another beer inspired by the visit of the Tour de France to Yorkshire. The beer is IPA style brewed with French grown Triskel and Brewers Gold hops. It pours a quite unusual hazy dull brown that kind of resembles a muddy puddle. Thankfully it tastes much better than it looks and nice biscuit malt flavours are balanced by some sublte hop flavours of pine with a touch of fruit. A decent IPA style brew with a bit of a twist.

Brewery: Saltaire Brewery / Dark Star Brewing Co. collaboration
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 5.6%

No comments:

Post a Comment