Wednesday 21 May 2014

Beer #237 - Saltaire Blonde

Following on from my last post I’ve still got a few beers from my birthday drinks to add, it feels like a lifetime ago now so I need to get my arse into gear. My second and third beers at the Old Red Lion were both from Saltaire Brewery in Yorkshire. Since starting brewing in West Yorkshire in 2005 the brewery has won a host of awards for its beer and finally, finally it makes an appearance on my blog, as worthy an accolade as any I’m sure you’ll agree. First up was Saltaire Blonde a nice golden ale brewed with German and Czech hops. It pours clear gold with a good hoppy nose. The taste is grassy hop with a bit of citrus, very finely balanced with some well-rounded malt. The flavours are very delicate which made this super drinkable and rather refreshing.  Apparently it is also now stocked in Waitrose nationally which is pretty bloody good news for the summer.
 
Brewery: Saltaire Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.0%
 

No comments:

Post a Comment