Wednesday 30 April 2014

Beer #221 - Lagunitas India Pale Ale

http://lagunitas.com/Lagunitas is another Californian craft brewery that seems to be making some decent headway in England (or at least, London) at the moment and I’ve seen their IPA available on tap in numerous places lately. I picked up this bottle at Whole Foods as I figured it was time to give it a chance and that this was a much cheaper way of doing it than by paying a fiver for a pint! I really enjoyed drinking this which I’m taking as a sign that either a) this is a really good IPA or b) I’m finally starting to get my head around big hoppy flavours. I’m not sure which of these statements is closer to the truth. There is certainly some evidence in favour of b) in some of my recent posts and bold IPAs are definitely becoming more palatable to me. Anyway I digress. Lagunitas IPA has some big citrus hop flavours but there is also a definite maltiness to the beer and I found it very well balanced. It was bitter but not claggy and went down pretty nicely. Would drink again.
 
Brewery: Lagunitas Brewing Company
Country: USA
ABV: 6.2%

No comments:

Post a Comment