Wednesday 12 March 2014

Beer #199 - Partizan Saison Grisette Lemongrass & Lychee

Beer 9 of 11 from my visit to the Bermondsey Beer Mile. Another saison this time at Partizan with the interesting additions of lemongrass and lychee. Regular readers (ahem) may have noticed a few saison posts lately, the style seems to be increasingly popular at London breweries and I’ve made an effort to try a few as generally, I’ve found them to be pretty tasty. Partizan has put out a whole series of them with interesting additional ingredients including sage, coriander, orange and thyme. I’ve been trying to find out what constitutes a ‘grisette’ as I’ve not come across it before. My research indicates many possible answers but nothing definitive, some state that grisette was what miners drank while farmhands supped saison, others suggesting it’s simply a lower strength saison.  Whatever it is, Partizan do it well. It poured a hazy, pale gold. The aroma was light and fruity, oranges and lemons, a hint of spice. The taste was freshy fresh fresh, it’s crisp and clean, beautifully light and delicate. Flavour is lemon, lychee, straw. This ran the Anspach & Hobday porter very close for my beer of the day and in summer I’m going to make the Partizan grisette series my beers of choice.

Brewery: Partizan Brewing
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 3.9%

No comments:

Post a Comment