Tuesday 11 March 2014

Beer #197 - Partizan IPA Citra

Beer seven  of 11 from my visit to the Bermondsey Beer Mile. Incredibly/ridiculously this is the first Partizan beer to ever feature on my blog and indeed, the first time I’ve ever had one. Fortunately another three will follow closely. I mentioned it in my Bermondsey post but I really love the Partizan labels. It was probably quite risky when you compare it to the simple yet effective and labels used by the Kernel and Brew By Numbers. I wouldn’t have thought bold primary colours are particularly in fashion at the moment but they really do stand out on the shelves and to have a different label for each different style was an inspired decision. That’s enough about what was on the bottle, it’s the inside that counts, right? Whilst the Kernel is genuinely regarded as the place to go for an IPA in London it’s hard to discount Partizan on this basis. This single-hop IPA is an absolute stormer, its full bodied and fresh with big bold bitter flavours of grapefruit and lemon. A really, really good IPA.  

Brewery: Partizan Brewing
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 6.6%

No comments:

Post a Comment