Thursday 6 March 2014

Beer #191 - Anspach & Hobday The Porter

Beer one of 11 from my visit to the Bermondsey Beer Mile. I knew when planning my day out that it would begin at Anspach & Hobday and I also knew that their Porter was my most anticipated beer of the day. Thankfully it did not let me down. The beer pours a very dark brown/black with a lovely tan head. It is full bodied and rich, oh so rich, and yet wonderfully mellow. This is packed with beautiful roasted malts, the taste is chocolate, coffee, rich fruitcake, its absolutely gorgeous. I could drink a lot of this and actually, could quite happily spend a Saturday afternoon in the brewery drinking bottle after bottle of this. One day I think I might.




Brewery: Anspach & Hobday
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 6.7%

No comments:

Post a Comment