Thursday 5 December 2013

Beer #136 - Marks & Spencer Greenwich Smoked Bock

I picked this bottle up alongisde the Black IPA featured in my last post, the Greenwich Smoked Bock being another new brew for Marks & Spencers produced by Meantime. This is another new style for me so I don't really have anything to compare it to. It's pretty strong (for me) at 6.0%, although it seems it's at the weaker end for the style. It poured a darkish copper colour. The smokiness is strong in the aroma and it smells almost like smoky bacon. The smokiness is evident in the taste but it's nicely balanced by some sweet toasty caramel. I'm not sure that I'll become a big smoked bock fan off the back of this but I enjoyed it nontheless.
 
Brewery: Meantime Brewing Co.
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 6.0%

No comments:

Post a Comment