Wednesday 16 October 2013

Beer #95 - Meantime Yakima Red

Following our disappointing Fuller’s we moved on to theCastle, opposite Farringdon station. The pub has recently been refurbished and it’s been well done, they offer a pretty good range of beer too (although all but one casks were off when we arrived). One factoid about this place is that it’s the only pub in Britain with a pawnbroker’s license, apparently. I opted for a pint of Meantime’s Yakima Red which had piqued my interest when I read about it online recently. I’ve not had a bad beer from Meantime and this one was no exception. This is a fruity, bitter brew. There is a hint of citrus but not too much and a hint of sweet malt. Very drinkable. Apparently Meantime have just produced a couple of new beers for Marks & Spencers including a black IPA, which I’ll be keeping an eye out for!
 
 
Brewery: Meantime Brewing Company
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.0.%

No comments:

Post a Comment