Friday 2 August 2013

Beer #21 - Icelandic Pale Ale

I picked up this bottle in a shop near Soho but I didn’t really pay attention to what the place was called, which is a bit annoying. Anyway, Einstök brew their beers in Akureyri, northern Iceland. I actually passed through Akureyri a few years ago and remember it as a pretty unspectacular town in a very spectacular location. We struggled to find somewhere to eat and ended up paying an exorbitant amount of money for a hamburger in an American style diner. I digress. There is some pretty clever branding going on here as I’ve noticed this in several pubs and, let’s face it, it’s a really cool label. Naturally, I was therefore looking forward to trying it and thankfully, the beer was not a letdown. It’s a surprisingly light ale, much lighter than I anticipated, and very crisp and fresh. The brewery produces three other beers which I will be making an effort to seek out.
 
Brewery: Einstök Ölgerð
Country: Iceland
ABV: 5.6%

No comments:

Post a Comment