Wednesday 17 July 2013

Beer #9 - Nikšićko Pivo

Nikšićko Pivo is a Montenegrin beer from, produced at the Trebjesa Brewery in the town of Nikšić in the centre of the country. Trebjesa is in fact the only brewery in Montenegro (according to Wikipedia) and was founded in 1908. I didn’t really enjoy this beer, especially compared to the delightful Sarajevsko Pivo, but having discovered that the brewery is owned by Molson Coors this is little surprise. The town of Nikšić itself got a bit of a bad rep in our guidebook but having driven through this seemed a little unfair and the surrounding countryside, as with the rest of Montenegro, was beautiful. Another beer from my recent trip to the Balkans (if I’d known I was going to start this blog I’d have tried more stuff!).

 
 

Brewery: Trebjesa Brewery
Country: Montenegro
ABV: 5.0%

No comments:

Post a Comment