Tuesday 16 July 2013

Beer #8 - Batemans Spring Breeze

Another new brewery for me last night as I picked up this bottle of Spring Breeze from Batemans Brewery. I was having a couple of drinks with some friends on Tooting Common after playing touch rugby and looking for something light and refreshing for a warm summers evening. I picked this up in my local corner shop Oli Food Centre – one of those hidden gems where they stock an astonishing range of food from around the world that would put Tesco and co. to shame. Furthermore they also stock a pretty good range of beer, with probably 15 or so bottled ales on offer as well as the usual array of Asian and Polish beers. Quite how they came to stock Batemans I’m not sure, the company website seems to suggest a greater focus on their pubs and hotels rather than their beer, which seems slightly unusual, and wiki suggests the beers are generally found in Lincolnshire and the surrounding area, the home of the brewery. Not much to say on the beer itself although I like the bizarre label featuring Demeter, the Greek Goddess of Spring and Fertility.

Brewery: Batemans Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.3%

No comments:

Post a Comment