Monday 15 July 2013

Beer #7 - Sole Star

I’m a bit of an Adnams fanboy. I know they get a bit of criticism from some quarters but in my eyes they produce solid, if unspectacular, beer which you can always rely on for a decent pint. Sole Star was first produced by the brewery in 2011, a ‘pale amber ale’ coming in at just 2.7%. Despite my love of Adnams beer I didn’t get around to trying it until early this year, when on a cold April day I tried a bottle. I must say I was largely unimpressed, the beer seem incredibly light (even for such a low alcohol content) and I was left wondering if I needed to revise my opinion of Adnams after all. Fast forward to this weekend, with the thermometer nudging 30°C and ensconced in my parents garden, I gave Sole Star another chance. Slightly chilled and in a brilliant summers day this beer really comes into it’s own and on this occasion I’m happy to say I really enjoyed a couple of bottles.


Brewery: Adnams
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 2.7%

No comments:

Post a Comment