Thursday 11 July 2013

Beer #5 - Hook Norton Lion

Last night, as per most Wednesdays, I visited the excellent Compton Arms in Islington. I play 5-a-side football nearby and this has become our post-match pub of choice, a quiet and unpretentious boozer, an incredibly rare thing for the area and indeed London in general. Despite being a Greene King pub it always offers a couple of guest ales which, in my experience so far, tend to be rather good ones. I was delighted to see that the pub still offered Lion, a beautiful pale bronze beer launched by Hook Norton Brewery earlier this year. The brewery is family owned and located in the Cotswolds and is one of my personal favourites. Its beer is ubiquitous in Herefordshire, where I’m originally from and can be found all over the place, however I’ve not often seen it on offer in London so was pretty chuffed when it popped up at the Compton Arms.
 
Brewery: Hook Norton Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.0%

No comments:

Post a Comment