Tuesday 30 July 2013

Beer #18 - Boundary

Following on from yesterdays post, after a pint at the Jerusalem Tavern I headed back towards home in Kennington and met some more friends for dinner at another of my favourite pubs, The Old Red Lion. The pub is a lovely old beamed building that once you're inside feels like you could quite easily be in a remote countryside location, rather than on a busy main road within spitting distance of central London. Whats more, they have a good range of real ales. As a bit of a sucker for themed beer and given Englands recent success over Australia in the Ashes (cricket, for those that don't know) I was taken in by Boundary, from Cottage Brewing. I don't really like to be overly negative about beer, especially when it comes from a small producer, so I won't go into much detail about this one other than to say I was very disappointed. The Cottage Brewing Company was founded by Chris and Helen Norman in their garden in rural Somerset. Whilst it has since grown, their website still implies a pretty humble operation and I also note that they've been won CAMRA awards in the past, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and write this pint off as an exception rather than the rule!
 
Brewery: Cottage Brewing
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.0%
 

No comments:

Post a Comment