Sunday 21 July 2013

Beer #11 - Tiny Rebel Cwtch

On Friday I went for a post-work pint at what is fast becoming one of my favourite pubs, The Exmouth Arms. Like a lot of pubs in the area it has fantastic beer menu but with the benefit of plenty of outdoor seating and a very pleasant location on Exmouth Market. When given such extensive choice I do often struggle with what to have but as I approached the bar the decision was made for me, I couldn't not get a beer named Cwtch. For those that don't know cwtch is a Welsh word for an affectionate hug and, Google reveals, Wales' favourite word. Cwtch is brewed by Tiny Rebel Brewery in Newport, S. Wales and having tried it, I'd wager the bewery is probably the best thing to come out of Newport in a very long time. They've clearly paid a lot of attention to their branding, which is very eye-catching. However it's clear that there is some substance to the brewery too, having scooped the top 3 places in the Champion Beer of Wales 2013, a remarkable achievement, as well a host of category awards. Their website also suggests an extensive list of stockists so keep an eye out!

Brewery: Tiny Rebel Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.6%

No comments:

Post a Comment